As a homeowner, there may come a point in time that you need to install a new roof for your home. This way your roof is strong, durable, and able to prevent the outside elements from affecting the structure and comfort level of your home. There are many roofing types that you can choose from. The most popular roofing type is asphalt. However, this does not mean that asphalt is the best choice. Here are five reasons you should consider installing a clay tile roof:
- Durable: Clay tiles are significantly more durable than asphalt, which means that it is going to hold up for much longer. This way you don't have to worry about replacing your roof for a long time to come.
- Curb Appeal: Clay tile roofs have beautifully crafted coloring that you cannot find in other roofing materials, which is why it quickly improves the curb appeal of your home. Plus, it stands out as unique since most homeowners go with asphalt roofing.
- Eco-Friendly: Clay roofing is definitely the most eco-friendly option because it is a renewable resource. Once the clay roof can no longer be used, the material is recrafted to create something else. On top of this, since the material is extremely heavy, this also makes it a heavy insulator, which ensures that your home has reduced energy costs.
- Low Maintenance: Any broken or cracked tiles can easily be replaced with new ones. The installation process is quick and simple and will ensure that the roof maintains its stability. On top of this, it is self-cleaning because the clay tiles are resistant to moss and mold growth since it does not harbor humidity.
- UV Resistant: Perhaps the most beneficial reason for clay tile roofing is that the clay tiles are resistant to UV rays from the sun, which ensures that the rays are prevented from soaking into the home and making it hotter. This is another reason a clay tile roof provides the best insulation. On top of this, because it is resistant to the UV rays, the clay tiles will retain their coloring and will not fade.
When you know these five reasons to install a clay tile roof, you can see why it's definitely going to be beneficial to you for long-term savings. This means it is definitely worth the slightly higher cost of installation. For more information, contact local professionals like Premier Tri-state Roofing Inc.